Occasional musings, Geistesblitze, photos, drawings etc. by a "resident alien", who has landed on American soil from a far-away planet called "Germany".

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

1963 Trip through the Middle East and North Africa

(Middle East - North Africa by Ulrich Flemming, with contributions by Dirk Schmidt)
I just turned old negatives and slides (of my own and those of a friend) from a 1963 trip into a photobook. The preview is not consecutive, but shows a cross section—from the Balkans to Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya and Tunesia.

3 comments:

Heika said...

This is an extraordinarily beautiful book, pictures of a world that is probably long gone. Do you have plans to try to publish?

Laraine said...

Usually, I just read your blog and don't comment, but I have to agree with Heika, These photos are just extraordinary, breath-taking actually. I enlarged the screen and looked through them all twice. I'm a timid traveler at best, but these photos made me want to visit the places they pictured. Sadly, many of those places are gone I'm sure. But at least I can look at the photos thanks to your book.

Ulrich said...

@Heika: Re. publishing--the commenter after you has made the same suggestion, in private. I don't know--for starters, I wouldn't even know how to start...