Occasional musings, Geistesblitze, photos, drawings etc. by a "resident alien", who has landed on American soil from a far-away planet called "Germany".

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sailing in Croatia

I have been making digital photo books using blurb's cloud now for several years. They recently added a widget that allows people to leaf through such a book from other applications. I'm posting one here for the book I just finished, with pictures from the sailing trip I mentioned in my post on the FIFA World Cup. If it works, it's a nice way for my friends to look at these books—and since I'm not making any money off these books, the link should not be seen as a commercial promotion on my part.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

This is a perfectly beautiful book. The pictures are just lovely. It looks like a wonderful trip. I envy you, for both your vacation and your talent.

Ulrich said...

Thank you very much. Since the widget doesn't show the brief description I attached to the book on blurb's site, let me add a few details: The yacht belongs to my brother and a friend of his, both accomplished sailors seen in the pictures handling the boat--I just tagged along. The boat is moored in a marina at Pomer on the Istrian peninsula--a few miles east of the larger city of Pula.

And yes, this kind of life is greatly appealing to me--sailing during the day in a leisurely way, anchoring or mooring in a little harbor when the sun sets, going ashore to have a grilled fish caught that day with a local wine for dinner--I wonder how long one could do this w/o getting bored...

Heika said...

I was just railing at demagogues in response to your latest word of the month and happened to see your sailing to Croatia book. It is really gorgeous. What other books have you done.

Ulrich said...

@Heika: Thx. You may have noticed that I put another preview of a book up. In general, you can go to the blurb website and search for my name (Ulrich Flemming) to see all of the books I've done so far.

Mike Bishop7 said...

Thank you for sharing this article with us! I'm planning a trip to go Sailing in Croatia next summer because my cousin just went and said it was the best time of his life. So I have been reading everything I can find on it. That's how I came across your blog, and I'm happy I did because after reading your article I'm even more excited to go. Thank you again for sharing!

Ulrich said...

@Mike: Then you should also look at the
trip I did a year later, which was truly fantastic.